Compatibility and Relationships – How Do You Know If You Are Right For Each Other?
1. Personal Compatibility: Do your personalities mesh? Do you enjoy one another’s company? It is very important in a long-term relationship to be able to get along with each other’s personality traits, quirks, strengths and weaknesses. Having personalities that are compatible is an essential ingredient in any workable and healthy relationship.
2. Intimacy Compatibility: How do you feel about PDA (Public Displays of Affection)? How close do you enjoy being with one another? If you are similar in your intimacy style, then you have a better chance of having a healthy and happy intimate life.
3. Sexual Compatibility: Sharing a similar sexual lifestyle, from frequency to sexual interests, can be extremely important in any relationship. While it may not be easy to find someone who shares your tastes and preferences, this is your potential life mate, so it’s probably worth waiting for the right one.
4. Communications Compatibility: Does your communication style match well? If conversation flows in both directions, you may be on a good path in your relationship. On the other hand, if one of you does all the talking, then it may be a red flag that may cause problems in your relationship later. Since communication is such a key to any relationship, you will want to be sure that you have enough in common and enough to talk about that can sustain your relationship in the long term.
5. Friends & Family Compatibility: Do you and your partner enjoy and support one another’s friends and family? If so, then great! If there are difficulties in this area beyond the normal uncertainties of being introduced to your new extended families. If you find great difficulty with your partner’s friends and family, or if they criticize or isolate you from your support system, that may be a major red flag. If you need to work out any issues that arise with each other’s friends and family, the main rule of thumb here is that the person whose family it is should handle all of the conflicts that arise.
6. Health & Nutrition Compatibility: It may seem small now, but it can be very important for couples to share similar health and nutrition lifestyles. The reason is that over time, things you may overlook now may really outrage you later. For example, a health enthusiast will likely become judgmental of a junk food junkie or couch potato over time. You are better off finding someone who is more similar with your interests in lifestyles. Otherwise, what you eat becomes a constant power struggle.
7. Household Compatibility: Finding someone who shares a similar lifestyle and household vibe can be a relationship enhancer. Mr. Clean and Ms. Messy may not get along very well. Level of neatness, if compatible, can really enhance your sense of well being, especially since your home is your sanctuary.
8. Financial Compatibility: Although you don’t have to earn the same amount, couples who can communicate openly and freely about finances tend to fare better over time. Another financial consideration is whether or not you share visions and goals about how you choose to spend and invest your money, particularly if you are going to share your lives and pool your funds.
9. Interest Compatibility: It is amazing to share interests together as a couple, whether it is travel, a sport, art, gourmet cooking or something else. I have found that couples who play together, stay together. Couples who have very little in common tend to drift apart over time, once the newness of the relationship has worn off. If you really love each other, but don’t have interests, then develop one!
These are some areas of compatibility that you can look for in your relationship. May you find the love of your life! I hope these tips have been helpful to you in finding Mr. or Ms. Right for You!
I invite you to access our free e-newsletter called the Sexuality Times at http://www.healingcouch.com You can also take the Ultimate Compatibility Quiz by clicking here http://www.healingcouch.com if you wonder if you and your partner are compatible!